Change of policies at .SO
The Somali Ministry of Post and Telecommunications have decided to manage .SO ccTLD through SONIC directly. Current provider GMO will cease to manage .SO from 8th July, 2015. In conjunction with the move, the Registry will implement new policies that will significantly modify registration eligibility and introduce new restrictions on content and usage. Ahead of these changes, the registry will halt new registrations indefinitely and increase renewal fees.
What does this mean?
• All new registration will be suspended from 9th June, 2015.
• Renewal will be limited to only one year.
• GMO registry will close access to .so shared Registry System on 8th July.
• .SO Shared Registry System will be migrated to the Cloud Registry platform managed by SONIC.
• Existing domains will be moved over to the new Cloud registry platform from 8th July
Registry price increases
– Price of .LOL annual registration/renewal fee will be increasing effective 5 July 2015. This will effect Sunrise applications as well as they will not be registered domains until August 2015.
– Price of .biz annual registration/renewal fee will be increasing effective 1st November 2015
– The Public Interest Registry (PIR) have announced a price increase for .org domain name registrations. This will be in effect from the 1st August 2015.
For further information on the above please contact us at [email protected] If you are already an Ascio Partner, then please get in touch with your account manager.